Feel Comfortable and Confident With Oral Sedation
If you’re afraid of going to the dentist for a root canal, you’re not alone. It has been estimated that 9% to 15% of Americans avoid seeing the dentist because of anxiety and fear. Delaying root canal treatment can lead to pain, infection and potential extraction of your tooth. However, there’s a way of overcoming the fears that may have kept you from visiting your dentist for necessary root canal treatment using modern techniques of sedation dentistry. Dr. Andrew Stubbs can ease your anxiety and even make the entire experience pain-free. By administering oral sedation with a combination of anxiety-relieving and pain-blocking drugs, you may begin to forget about the root canal treatment soon after it’s over.
Oral sedation is one of the most popular methods for delivering sedatives, without the need to insert a needle into your arm. Oral sedation gives us a choice of medications that can be used in various situations.
Advantages of Oral Sedation:
- Ease of administration. Simply swallow a small pill.
- More profound sedation than nitrous oxide.
- Safe and simple monitoring during the root canal.
- Works well for most patients.
- Significantly less expensive than IV sedation.
Disadvantages of Oral Sedation:
- Level of sedation is not easily changed.
- Transportation is required to and from the dental office.
- Although oral sedation works well for most people, some patients require IV sedation to achieve their desired results.
You can learn more about how oral sedation can help restore your smile with a Free Sedation Consult. At your consultation, we’ll likely suggest several options that can give you the results you want, as well as discuss the pros and cons of each. In the end, it’s all about making you feel comfortable and confident.
Andrew Stubbs, DMD is a specialist member of the American Association of Endodontists. He is a graduate of Boston University and maintains an ecofriendly dental practice in Lone Tree, CO. Dr. Stubbs specializes in root canal treatment and provides sedation dental treatment for patients from all over the Denver area.