In the absence of emergency dental trauma, it can often be difficult to determine if a child needs a root canal. Many times, children can go months without reporting pain to their parents. When they do report pain, they may have difficulty explaining what they feel.
When does your child need a Root Canal?
- Constant tooth ache or nighttime pain
- Sensitivity to warm and cold temperatures
- Swelling or redness around the affected tooth
- When there is obvious extensive decay
- Unexpected looseness or mobility of the affected tooth
What does a root canal procedure on a child’s teeth involve?
- Completely numbing the tooth with anesthesia
- Removing the affected nerves
- Cleaning and filling the root canal
- Placing a protective restoration over it to further protect tooth
Early recognition of the symptoms of a root canal can spare your child months of unnecessary pain. Dr. Andrew Stubbs is dedicated to providing kid-friendly, pain free dentistry . Our office is equipped with state of the art equipment to improve your visit including: digital x-rays, dental microscope and nitrous oxide.
Creekside Endodontics is located in Lone Tree, CO and is convenient to the I-25 and C-470. We care for patients in Centennial, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Inverness, Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Parker, Denver Tech Center, Cherry Hills, Greenwood Village and Aurora. Call (303) 524-9343 to reserve an appointment.