It can often be difficult to determine if a child needs a root canal. Children can go months without reporting pain to their parents. Signs and symptoms to look for include:
- Constant tooth ache or nighttime pain
- Sensitivity to warm and cold temperatures
- Swelling or redness around the affected tooth
- When there is obvious extensive decay
- Unexpected looseness or mobility of the affected tooth
What does a root canal procedure on a child’s teeth involve?
- Completely numbing the tooth with anesthesia
- Removing the affected nerves
- Cleaning and filling the root canal
- Placing a protective restoration over it to further protect tooth
Early recognition of the symptoms of a root canal can spare your child months of unnecessary pain. Dr. Andrew Stubbs is dedicated to providing kid-friendly, pain free dentistry . Our office is equipped with state of the art equipment to improve your visit including: digital x-rays, dental microscope and nitrous oxide.
Creekside Endodontics is located in Lone Tree, CO and is convenient to the I-25 and C-470. We care for patients in Centennial, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Inverness, Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Parker, Denver Tech Center, Cherry Hills, Greenwood Village and Aurora. Call (303) 524-9343 to reserve an appointment.
See what patients are saying about Dr. Andrew Stubbs.